Peanut Ladoo ~ Easy Oil-Free Nutritious Sweet Recipe
Peanut Ladoo is an easy peasy Indian sweet which can be done when nothing is in the pantry to make snacks. It is made with only 2 ingredients and this is ghee or oil free sweet. At the same time, this peanut laddoo is very nutritious and healthy for any age groups. My hubby likes this very much, hence this laddoo comes to my rescue 🙂
Also, I don’t know how to prepare jaggery syrup for Peanut Chikki recipe. This recipe is hassle free and does not require any syrup preparation.
Parni & Vash were too cranky to eat anything when they were too small but now as they are growing up they are little ok with all kinds of food (Thanks to my MIL, she feeds them a lot when sent to in-laws village for holidays). They too love these laddus very much.
Now, coming to the recipe, let’s learn how to make these laddoos.
Peanut Ladoo Recipe:
Note: You can buy Organic & Bestselling ingredients on Amazon through the links provided above.
- Dry roast the peanuts in a heavy bottomed Kadai. Roast them in slow flame as high flame would just burn the outer layer leaving the inner layer uncooked.
- As they are roasting you can see dark black spots on the outer peel of the peanuts.
- Remove from flame and cool them.
- Using hands remove the peel completely.
- If jaggery is in big chunks, mash them into small pieces.
- Now, add peanuts and jaggery in the mixer.
- Grind them into little coarse powder with small crunchy peanuts left here and there in the powder.
- Make small laddoos and store them in an airtight container.
- Adjust jaggery as per your taste. I prefer less sweet.
- Use a heavy bottomed iron skillet to roast peanuts.
- Peel the skin of peanuts completely, as they add little bitter taste if left.
- Run the mixer for short intervals, i.e run it for few seconds – switch off – mix the peanut mixture well and again run the mixer. Continuous running of mixer for 2-3 mins will make the powder into a very fine paste.
- I prefer the peanuts as a coarse powder. Fine powder laddoos will stick to the upper part of mouth when we eat.
- You can store these laddoos for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container.
- I used organic peanuts and jaggery. Organic products enhanced the taste.