Overnight Oats Coconut Milk Recipe ~ No Cook Healthy Breakfast
What are Overnight Oats?
Soaking Oats in milk overnight are called Overnight Oats. Overnight Oats Coconut Milk recipe is a no-cook recipe which is packed with nutrients and gives a healthy kick for the day to start. Oat bran is good for the heart and acts as cholesterol fighter. You can eat this at any time of the day as breakfast/mid-meal/evening snack etc. I love them in summer as I have mangoes in that season. Also, we can avoid oily food opting for this healthy relish. Personally, I hate oil based breakfast items like Vada, Poori, Upma(this needs lots of oil to cook), Mysore Bonda etc in summer. So I prefer overnight oats and it keeps my tummy fuller for a long time.
Overnight Oats – Health Benefits:
- 1 bowl of Overnight Oats will make you full and helps in burning more fat.
- As this is a no-cook recipe, you can get more fibre and nutrients in a natural way.
- Oats are good for the heart, so by opting this breakfast, you can increase your heart health.
- You will be adding just 250-300 calories to your per day quota of calories.
- Having fruits early in the morning is more beneficial rather than any time in the day.
Overnight Oats Recipe:
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Sweetener – Honey / Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- Nuts – Cashews / Almonds / Walnuts / Seedless Raisins / Dates
- Fruits – Mangoes / Chikoo / Strawberry / Banana
Note: You can buy Organic & Bestselling ingredients on Amazon through the links provided above.
- Soak rolled oats, chia seeds in milk and refrigerate it overnight.
- In the morning, add sweetener of your choice.
- Add nuts, fruits of your choice.
- Toss it with a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. (these are totally optional, but adding cinnamon and pink salt enhance the flavour).
- Now, enjoy this healthy and hassle free breakfast.
- Soak them in mason jars, add toppings in the morning and carry it to the office to have it as a mid-day meal.
- High in Fiber, Calcium and Protein – Low in Fat & Sugar.
- As a sweetener, you can also use Dates Paste or Brown Sugar.
- This recipe has endless variations – You can use any fruit or nuts of your choice.
- You can make chocolate flavoured oats by adding cocoa powder.
- Add a tbsp of home set yoghurt to get that probiotic punch in the morning.
- Chia Seeds, a superfood which helps in weight loss is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants, potassium etc
- If you are not a fitness freak and you want rich flavour – add 1 tbsp heavy cream & 1 tbsp of condensed milk.
- If you soak oats in almond milk, it is Overnight Oats Almond Milk Recipe. Overnight Oats with soy milk can also be made.